This is the first posting from the studio - we've spent the day moving stuff down from our old study and Mark has successfully installed a new wireless network which works beautifully, unlike previous wi-fi attempts in this concrete and stone house. I still need to devise some paper-control system and get used to a different workspace, but I have to say that I feel very much at home!
He remarked that I'd probably spend ages "staging it all" for my blog, but you know me better than that and what you see is what you get....for now. There are a few tweaks to be done, some boxes still to empty (we are awaiting some more suspension files to get all that paper away once and for all) and I have another table to come in, for my sewing machine to sit on. But right now, it's covered with most of Mark's CD collection (3000+) and I can't hurry him with that - they will eventually find their new home upstairs in the new music room which will be created in the now almost-empty study.
I had a little wobble when I thought that my machines might not quite fit in those cupboards I'd planned for them...but they fit perfectly, as if IKEA had intended them for that very purpose!
Mark fitted another hook rail on the end of the cupboard run for the rulers and quilting squares. We keep coming up with new ideas to resolve problems we didn't know we had until now. I like WyeSue's idea of the vacuum bags for the wadding and will be putting my Lakeland order in soon! Thanks Sue!